
On WedMarch14 we participated in a four hour workshop, with suggestive advice on how to improve our advanced production. We had professional expertise from UWE lecturers specialising in Journalism. Myra Lee specialised in Broadcasting Journalism, and Phil Chamberlain who specialised in print. They gave each pupil one to one sessions on suggestive improvements and an outsiders feedback. Improvement on Digi-Pak
- I mentioned that GoldBloom were an Indie band with a 'friendly grunge' genre. He thought that the album cover image of the cat contrasted with the 'friendly grunge' genre and didn't resemble the band, as 'cats' symbolise calm, timid animals, however I challenged his opinion and mentioned that cats can be sly and can tease people, which I wanted the album cover to do to potential buyers. Also I mentioned that current album covers today do not resemble what the band are like, the design of the album cover could be completely different to the genre of the band themselves.
Improvements on Promotional Video
- Myra complimented on the use of original music and good use of narration through music.
- She suggested that I include more 'close up' footage to convey the bands facial intensity, and close up of the band playing the instruments, e.g. 'fingers strumming on guitar'.
- She found that the 'interview based' style was too repetitive, so suggested that I either edit out the text, or edit out my voice repeating what the text had written, however I challenged her opinion and mentioned that I wanted to keep the text as it broke up, and contrasted nicely against the real footage.
-Explain in my blog why I have chosen to have joe saying "I literally have nothing to say to that" as it conveys his personality of being a little shy and quiet from the dominate speakers of the other band members, (talk about how drummers are normally more quiet than the others)
- Get rid of "BUY NOW" to forceful, if a consumer wanted to buy it that will be there decisions do not force feed!
- Suggested comment that I have the band names 'NIRVANA' and 'RADIOHEAD' merging together on top of footage as they are bands that the GoldBloom resemble themselves as being similar to.
No comments:
Post a Comment